Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Time Magazine 100 Best Novels

Ok, I found another book list and I thought it was a good one to go along side the BBC list.  This one is set up a bit different.  Here is a quote by the editor on what the selection criteria was:

This week we introduce our TIME 100 list of the best novels on TIME.com and I expect the debates will be just as lively. There were only two ground rules. As with our film list, we picked 1923--when TIME began publishing--as our starting point. And we focused on books written in English. That's why there is no Ulysses (published in 1922) or One Hundred Years of Solitude (originally written in Spanish).

This list is nice as it provides links to a simple description of the novel

 I've colored the ones I've read with a blue font; so far, I've read thirteen on this list

A - B

C - D

F - G

H - I

L - N

O - R

S - T

U - W



Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1951793,00.html#ixzz1HlKU9QqO

1 comment:

  1. i am stunned that you have never read neuromancer OR snowcrash. both fantastic both nearly required reading for folk in our field.

    ReplyDelete